YOU WILL NEED:
290g self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
120g caster sugar
1 large over ripe banana
175g oat milk (or other non dairy milk)
150ml veg oil
- Preheat the oven to 180*C and place your muffin liners in a muffin tray or prepare your loaf tin with a greaseproof liner.
- Mix all of your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, bicarb and caster sugar) in a large bowl and mash your banana in a smaller bowl.
Get your ingredients ready!
- Add the banana to the dry bowl, measure out the oil and oat milk and add those to the bowl too.
- Mix it all together quickly until just combined and pour into your loaf tin or divide between your muffin cases (fill each one about 2/3 full)
Fill the muffin cases about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle the tops of the mixture (generously!) with Demerara sugar which will give you a lovely crunchy top when they are baked (the best part!)
- Bake for around 30 minutes for muffins and 40 minutes for a loaf cake.
Just baked with a crunchy top!
Try one while it’s still warm!
TO FREEZE: Muffins can be placed in a plastic tub or in a freezer bag. Your loaf cake can be wrapped whole in cling film and frozen or you can slice it first. Just separate each slice with greaseproof paper and store in the same way as the muffins. Place in a lunch box while still frozen for fresh cake at lunch time!
Banana Loaf Cake